Find your perfect match today.
Welder I - 1st Shift
Waukesha, WI 53186 US
- Performs duties necessary to layout, fit, align, weld may involve pipe fitting, tube welding or metal components for machines which may include large, heavy, structural assemblies. May perform more complex fitting under direction
- Studies drawings, specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished part, sequence of operations and setup requirements. Selects appropriate materials if not specified and determine bracing needed to avoid distortion
- Makes standard layouts using templates and fits and aligns components to make up the complete assembly; measures and marks dimensions and reference points on material or part as guides for fit up and welding
- Selects, aligns and secures holding fixtures, tools, attachments and materials on weld tables.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate welding factors
- Preheats materials as necessary and in accordance with specifications
- Sets up and operates Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG), Metal Inert Gas (MIG) or orbital welding equipment as well as sheet metal fabricating, cutting or forming machines to produce parts in accordance with specifications
- Fit up and tack weld as necessary using care and judgment to compensate for shrink or distortion
- Regularly checks work to verify dimensions, ensure compliance to specifications and make necessary adjustments or corrections
- Confers with engineers and production personnel to resolve machining or assembly issues
- Use powered industrial trucks to move materials to workspace
- Work is performed under supervision; completed projects subject to final inspection
- Perform routine maintenance on primary equipment Also operates forklifts and cranes to load and unload equipment.