Find your perfect match today.
Quality Control - 1st shift
Milwaukee, WI 53219 US
Quality Control $18-$22 ph
1st shift 7am-330pm
2nd shift 3pm-12am
Breakdown of daily activities is generally as follows:
• 30% Part inspection (on manufacturing floor)
• 50% Assembly inspection (on manufacturing floor)
• 20% Processing and analysis of data
• Candidates should be aware that the majority of time will be spent on the manufacturing floor.
The position's main responsibility is inspection and documentation of parts and assemblies. Once the data is collected, it will be turned into reports that would be used to develop training and/or process improvement strategies. Secondary tasks could fill up all or part of a business day at times. These tasks could vary greatly in day-to-day activities. Examples could include discussing issues with engineers, calling vendors, updating SOP's, or addressing anything that is out of the ordinary or with which there is an issue.
• Prior experience with weld and paint inspection
• Ability to follow directions is extremely important and then to follow through in a timely, accurate manner
• Strong attention to detail is extremely important
• Proficiency with MS Word and Excel (write reports in Word, create and use spreadsheets in Excel for analysis)
• Basic math skills necessary to include fractions and decimals*
• Strong ability in blueprint reading*
• Ability to read and use a tape measure*
• Possess mechanical ability/aptitude
• Prior experience using Pareto Charts preferred
• Prior experience in quality assurance preferred
• Engineering Technician experience very helpful