Find your perfect match today.
SITE Staffing Inc. https://www.sitestaffinginc.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/SITE-Staffing-red-logo-socialmedia.png https://www.sitestaffinginc.com https://www.sitestaffinginc.com USD 80000 140000 YEAR true
Project Manager - Tooling Design
Germantown, WI 53022 US
Posted: 06/01/23 2023-05-10 2023-07-01 Industry: Skills Job Number: MS167501427 Pay Rate: $80000-140000 / year
Hours: Typically a 7:30 AM – 5 PM (45/hrs week)
- We are seeking a candidate who has a tooling background specifically in Plastic Injection.
- Prior experience designing preferred
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a tool shop is required.
- At least an Associate’s degree is required for this position, we would preferably someone with a completed tool and die apprenticeship.
The Project Manager for our clients U.S. Tooling Group will manage customers projects and correspondence; provide team leadership. This role will report to the Manager of Project Engineering.
Below are the essential duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinate all aspects of a customer’s program including tool builds, qualification and production.
- Lead program team(s) and facilitate the communication and interaction amongst functional representatives.
- Provide top level customer service, resolve all project issues and use as a basis to secure current and future programs for the company.
- Coordinate transfer of tool to manufacturing location.
- Report on process and progression of program.
- Understand engineering drawings and use necessary measuring devices.
- Track program against its schedule, budget and phase review objectives and communicate these to management on a regular basis.
- Develop and implement recovery plans for off-schedule and unanticipated events.
- Provide recommendations for new processes; lead the effort to improve existing processes, where needed, in order to improve quality or on-time delivery.
- Investigate and resolve engineering problems utilizing available resources in all aspects of the program, including tooling, processing, part qualification, cost analysis, budgeting, forecasting, sales, quoting, billing, quality control, product design, improvement recommendations and general program organization and management.
Experience and Skills
A qualified candidate would fulfill these requirements
- Completion of an accredited two-year technical college program, in a related field of study, a four-year university program, in a related field of study, or accrued on-the-job training and experience (5-10 years).
- Plastic injection mold tooling/Toolmaking experience a plus.
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to work though challenges.
- Exceptional time management, communication, and organizational skills.
- General knowledge of best machining practices