The packaging machine operator is responsible for setting up and operating assigned packaging machines in order to pack optimum number of quality packages of product.
• Adhere to company human safety policies and procedures.
• Adhere to company food safety, quality and regulatory practices and procedures
• Set up and operate packaging machine(s) to ensure finished product meets all Customer/ Regulatory requirements.
• Clean and sanitize equipment during changeovers from one product to another.
• Inspect packaging equipment prior to line start-up and changeovers.
• Take ownership of packaging line results
• Maintain accurate and legible records/documentation
• Oversee efficient and safe operation and of all equipment and personnel on line.
• Communicate with all coworkers and maintenance staff to ensure optimal equipment performance.
• Assisting other departments as needed and performing related duties as assigned.