Find your perfect match today.
SITE Staffing Inc. https://www.sitestaffinginc.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/SITE-Staffing-red-logo-socialmedia.png https://www.sitestaffinginc.com https://www.sitestaffinginc.com USD 36400 YEAR true
Waukesha, WI 53186 US
Posted: 04/01/23 2023-02-16 2023-05-01 Job Number: sit23140935 Pay Rate: 36400
Job Title: Manufacturing Sewer
Shift: 1st and 2nd shift
Pay Rate: $18-20/hr based on experience
1st Mon-Friday 7am – 3:30pm (Mon - Fri)
2nd Mon-Thurs 3:30pm-2:00am - (Mon, Tues, Wed, & Thur)
Dress code / PPE: We require steel toe shoes (company to provide a reimbursement up to $35 annually, to direct employees), safety glasses (we provide these – including prescription if needed for direct employees). No hearing protection is required, but certainly encouraged if engaging in certain tasks (not sewing or assembly)
BASIC FUNCTION: Creating fabric covers for seating products by joining component parts together by applying proper sewing techniques.
- Use written documentation and physical templates to verify correct product configurations.
- Sews covers according to specifications.
- Maintains daily logs on completed work.
- Maintains a weekly sewing production percentage goal of 90% or higher.
- Check quality of stitches and color match.
- Material movement within department.
- Suggest process method improvements.
- Confirm that all safety procedures and practices are followed.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of work areas.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in fluent English or Spanish.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in sewing, and at least one year in an industrial sewing setting.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, and ability to read and speak fluently in English.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Part number identification.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Hardware recognition.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to follow direction.
- Sit at workstation for 85% of work day.
- Bending for 5% of the day to put finished work together.
- Twisting for 40% of sewing time pulling parts into work station.
- Pinching work with fingers during sewing.
- Lifting up to maximum of 10 lbs occasionally.
- Cutting using a scissors occasionally.
- Pressing power pedal with foot 85% of work day.
- Ability to see well for up-close detailed work.
- Hand-Eye coordination needed