JOB TITLE: Manufacturing Compounding Lead
SHIFT: 1st 5:30am – 1:30pm (typically, although often flexes on both start and end times)
LOCATION: Jackson, WI
SALARY: $70,000/hr + (Will consider higher salary based on experience)
SUMMARY: Working under the direction of the Manufacturing Lead, the Manufacturing Compounder will accurately and efficiently perform activities associated with the blending of powdered and liquid bulk products.
Job responsibilities include:
• Strict adherence to GMP and formulation batch blending procedural requirements.
• Accurately weighing and measuring raw materials.
• Operating mixers, pumps, tablet press and material handling devices.
• Cleaning and sanitizing tooling, mixing tanks, pumps, storage containers, Tablet presses and other vessels required in the process.
• Assure all required documentation is completed in a timely and accurate manner.
• Assist in maintaining the cleanliness and good housekeeping practices in the Manufacturing areas.
• Exhibit awareness and compliance to safe work practices and a safe work environment.
• Effectively communicate with supervisor, other compounding personnel, material handlers, maintenance and the QA Laboratory in the routine performance of blending activities.
• Perform other duties as required including working in the Production operation.
• Exhibit a positive attitude, good attendance, and professional interpersonal skills. Work schedule varies dependent on workload and the blending schedule. Must be flexible and able to start at varies times and work unscheduled overtime if tasks are not completed at the end of the shift.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: This position reports to the Manufacturing Lead/Supervisor but may also get direction from the Production Supervisor.
High School diploma or equivalent with at least three years work experience in a FDA or USDA regulated environment as a Blender.
Must possess the ability to read and speak English, ability to perform simple math such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and calculate percentage.
Physical requirements include the ability to periodically lift 50 lbs, move barrels using a manual drum truck, maneuver drums off pallets, and move pallets using a manual pallet jack.
Previous fork lift operation experience beneficial, or must be able to learn how to operate a fork lift and earn an operator license.
Various assignments will require wearing a dust mask/respirator or air stream suit.
Employee will be required to complete a respiratory surveillance questionnaire and pass a pulmonary function test.