Step into the role of Maintenance Technician II and be the guardian of operational excellence! Dive into a world where your technical prowess meets the thrill of problem solving. From troubleshooting complex machinery to ensuring top-notch facility maintenance, you'll be the backbone of our operations. Join a team where your skills are valued, challenges are embraced, and every day brings new opportunities to showcase your expertise!
Maintenance Technician II
1st & 2nd shift
salary low to mid $30's
SUMMARY As a Maintenance Technician, you will be responsible for performing routine maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair tasks in order to ensure the efficient operation of machinery, equipment, and facilities. The role requires a robust technical aptitude and the ability to work individually or as part of a team. There are three levels of skillset in this position, each with varying degrees of expertise and responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function. As a Maintenance Technician II, you will be responsible for performing more complex maintenance and repair tasks. You will work independently or under limited supervision and handle a wider range of equipment and systems.
• All essential functions of a Maintenance Technician I.
• Possess intermediate knowledge and skills in maintenance and repair tasks.
• Independently troubleshoot and diagnose equipment malfunctions.
• Perform complex repairs and adjustments to machinery and equipment.
• Conduct electrical and mechanical tests to identify problems and ensure proper functioning.
• Assist in the installation and commissioning of new equipment.
• Collaborate with other team members to develop maintenance strategies and schedules.
• Train and mentor Level 1 technicians.
• Maintain inventory of spare parts and equipment.
• Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
• Maintain good housekeeping and regularly clean work area, machines, and equipment.
• Identify and contribute to continuous improvement efforts to reduce costs or increase productivity without reducing effectiveness.
• Maintain an open and candid working relationship with immediate supervisor/manager in discussing matters of importance.
• Adhere to established company values, practices, policies, and procedures at all times. Follow and support compliance with all applicable safety rules, laws, regulations, and standards.
• Demonstrate regular and punctual attendance at the assigned work location.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
An individual qualified for this job must be able to:
• Demonstrate strong mechanical aptitude and learn to perform simple maintenance tasks.
• Accurately multiply, divide, add, and subtract whole numbers to resolve practical problems.
• Operate a computer—PC proficiency; use spreadsheets and reporting software effectively.
• Team player with the ability to work independently.
• Wear/use required PPE (personal protective equipment). Understand written instruction and complete appropriate documentation as directed.
• Use a logical approach to troubleshooting issues and prioritizing production needs.
• Recognize problems when they occur and to work toward the solution of those problems.
• Pay attention to details and pursue quality in accomplishing work duties and tasks. Look for opportunities to reduce costs or increase productivity without reducing effectiveness.
• Handle challenges skillfully, thoroughly, and effectively.
• Effectively and professionally communicate with co-workers, team members, and internal or external customers. Present information clearly and accurately.
• Independently take advantage of opportunities to improve or increase skills, abilities, and job knowledge.
• Make sure that work is delivered on time and of high quality.
• Develop good work practices in order to get the job done.
• Use equipment, resources, and time in an efficient and effective manner.
• Use good judgment when making decisions.
• Perform work in a safe manner at all times.
• Work in a cooperative manner with management, co-workers, internal/external customers, and vendors.