Find your perfect match today.
Maintenance Tech - 1st & 3rd
Germantown, WI 53022 US
- Executes both the preventive and predictive maintenance programs that ensure that equipment is available and capable when needed.
- Executes policies, rules, and procedures within the Company handbook and quality systems.
- Understands electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic machine schematics.
- Completes all applicable paperwork and E-documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Fills in for maintenance team leader when required to direct activities and priorities of the maintenance staff.
- Ability to understand and document AC, DC, high voltage and low voltage control panels.
- Familiarity and programming capability for different PLCs and their controls.
- Assist in the requisition of tools, equipment, and MRO supplies.
- Familiarity with all types of mechanical and servo drive systems and the ability to diagnose problems associated with these systems.
- This position must be able to operate the following equipment: welders, (stick, mig, and tig) cutting torch, drill press, band saw, and others where applicable.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and form valid data driven conclusions.
- This position will assist the production group with technical problems and production issues and assist in determining root cause problem resolution.
- This position will execute any maintenance type activity based on immediate need requirement.
- This person will support any and all plant wide safety initiatives including the review of all outside contractors to make sure company safety standards are being maintained.
- This position will communicate with the different departments of the company in a positive and team-oriented manner.
- This position will participate in the evaluation and implementation of new machine and auxiliary equipment molding technology to help establish and improve the company’s technical advantages.
- This position will participate in a foundation for continuous improvement within the maintenance department and as part of the overall organization.
- This position will maintain and enforce good departmental housekeeping standards in all areas to create a clean and safe work environment.
- This position will identify and stock critical spare parts to support production. This position will also be responsible for identifying when additional parts need to be ordered.
- Develop the necessary skill sets that will assist in meeting the production needs through time sensitive repairs and established PM programs on both molding machines and auxiliary equipment.
- Leadership skills including ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Decision making and prioritization skills.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Previous plastic molding maintenance experience.
- Thorough knowledge of electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic schematics.
- Demonstrated team leading, problem solving and project management skills.
- Thorough knowledge of molding machine PM requirements.
- Ability to understand facility wide mechanical systems including HVAC, water, compressed air, etc.
- Ability to learn from and interact with all maintenance team members.
- Ability to work with all levels within the organization, as well as with customers and vendors.
- Skills in problem solving and root cause analysis.
- Ability to travel between facilities when needed.
- Injection molding manufacturing environment experience.
- Believes in and understands lean and 5S terminology.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to physically lift 50# from floor.