Find your perfect match today.
Machine Assistant- Quick start
Germantown, WI 53022 US
1st shift: 6am to 2pm
2nd shift: 2pm to 10pm
$13.00 (possible $1.00 incentive for perfect attendance per hour)
Perform repetitive bindery work by working on production line, machine, or handwork.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Take off signatures or book blocks at end of production equipment.
a. Inspect quality problems as instructed/indicated by Operator.
b. Carton pack (maximum of 50 pounds).
c. Determine a skid pattern and neatly pile product on skids or in pallet packs
2. Feed pockets.
3. Place trays or pock inserts onto a board as part of an assembly line.
4. Hand gathers signatures into book block form or sheets per samples provided.
5. Jog press forms to ensure proper feeding on production equipment.
6. Round corner single sheets or books per customer supplied sample.
7. Hand stitch single sheets or books per customer sample.
8. Exhibit positive behaviors toward work, co-workers, and supervision.
9. Guide new employees on routine procedures on occasion.
10. Follow all company rules and work safety.
11. Clean work area before leaving.
12. Other duties as assigned.
Note: Individual will be rotated in the bindery as production demands dictate at the sole discretion of plant supervisor.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively communicate information in one-on-one and small group situations.
Other skills and Abilities:
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to work overtime if necessary.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee usually works near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to operate material handling equipment. The employee stands frequently. On occasion, the employee will be required to walk, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move 10 to 15 pounds. Occasionally, the employee will lift as much as 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Closed toe shoes
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand,
walk, sit, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger,
handle, or feel; reach with hands. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to
35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability
to adjust focus.