Find your perfect match today.
Lead CNC Programmer - 1st shift
New Berlin, WI 53151 US
Lead CNC Machinist / Programmer
New Berlin, WI
The candidate we are looking for would be a machinist by trade and would have to be a full time machinist while leading the current staff. We envision this new hire to take some time in learning our processes. As part of the learning curve, they would first need to display machining skills with plastics (we are a plastics manufacturing/machining company). Secondly, they will need to learn our internal processes like reading our work tickets along with understanding job rates. Lastly, they would need to learn the scheduling complexities of our system and ultimately organize the schedule.
Most importantly, they would need to know how to communicate with others in a productive manner. An ideal candidate would likely have good communication skills, patience and clarity in his messaging, and tend to have an approach that resembles that of a player/coach. A willingness to do the work that their peers do as well as directing the team towards the accomplishment of business goals while following safety measures.
Summary of the Role:
The Machine Operator will be responsible from start to finish of the production of machined plastics in a fast-paced work environment. The Machine Operator's responsibilities will include programming, setup, and operating skills. Detailed inspection methods and use of equipment is required to maintain specified tolerances to print. You will be leading a current team of 2-3 machinists, so strong communication skills will be critical when dealing with co-workers and management. Organizing and tracking of daily scheduled jobs will be another component of this job. Trouble shooting skills are imperative to minimize any potential problems or quality issues. Basic maintenance of tooling and equipment is required to minimize any down time.
• Must maintain 100% commitment to safety policies and procedures
• Plans machining by reviewing prints, programs, machines, and materials
• Verifies the correct speeds and feeds while machining products
• Review manufacturing drawing to ensure all aspects of the parts meet the requirements
• Ensures that all workstation requirements are correct on the bill of material
• Checks to make sure that material yields are correct
• Machine’s parts to the specified production rate
• Complete and maintain all in process Documentation
• Interacts with the Quality Manager on inspection and quality requirements
• Coordinate and prioritize job assignments for Fabrication team.
• Support training, provide feedback and corrective coaching as needed for staff.
Skills and Abilities
• Basic measuring knowledge (calipers and micrometers) and advanced (CMM) inspection equipment experience
• Preferably 2-3 years previous experience in supervisory/leadership role
• Works in a safe and secure manner
• Interacts with co-workers on ways to continually improve
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is our policy to employ qualified persons without regard for race, creed, color, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, sex, marital or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation or disability. Individuals are considered for employment, promotion, or training solely on their ability to perform the essential functions of the position.