Find your perfect match today.
Hand Grinding - 1st shift
Mequon, WI 53092 US
- Fast-paced environment
- Standing up job
- Be able to read each order and measure using ruler (trainable)
- Detail orientated
- Team player is a must with good communication skills
- Must be able to flex into other areas when asked
- Be able to work independently
- Qualification needed
- Attendance must be near to perfect
- English language is needed
- Must have good dexterity, will be responsible for rough and finish grinding of custom insoles for shoes, this is a soft material and is very detailed type work, must have an eye for quality
- This grinding is done by hand, holding the insole and grinding the edges off on an electric grinding wheel
- Someone with prior buffing or polishing experience should do well
- Will be on your feet all day standing at a grinding wheel, very repetitive work, will train
- Must have the ability to read and comprehend basic instructions
- Effectively communicate with other employees of the organization
- Basic math skills, add, subtract, multiply, divide.
- Good hand/eye coordination and dexterity required
- Team oriented, will cross train in the Upper Lab into Functional Assembly area as well
- Dusty work environment as particles of the soft insoles are ground off, some wear a paper mask over their mouth and nose
- Basic mechanical skills
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to stand for extended periods of time
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move between 10 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision and color vision
- The employee will follow all Dr Comfort safety rules and procedures
- Noisy and dusty is some areas
- Will be working 8 hr. shifts and will be on their feet the entire shift
- Dusty position, fine particles are removed during the grinding, can be noisy, ear protection and safety glasses must be worn.