Find your perfect match today.
CNC Programmer - 1st Shift
Milwaukee, WI 53224 US
The CNC Programmer is responsible for setting-up, programming and operating CNC equipment.
• Setup and operate CNC 3-axis vertical mills
• Create programs to prep cavity blocks before heat treat
• Create programs to finish shutoff and molding details as discussed during job meetings
• Must be able to work overtime based on production needs
• Perform monthly preventative maintenance on equipment
• Maintain a clean and safe work area
• Perform other tasks as assigned
• Operate cutoff saw, tool grinder and various secondary equipment
• Assist in Maintaining our Quality Management System and ISO 14001 certification by supporting: Corporate policies, procedures, work instructions and required documentation.
• Required Personal Protective Equipment * safety shoes are to be worn at all time during your scheduled work hours. * Department manager/supervisor will cover additional PPE as required on department specific work instructions.
• Ability to create programs using Mastercam software for 2D toolpaths
• Must be able to hold tolerances of +/-.0005"
• Knowledge of plastic injection molds and tolerances associated with features of molds
• Must be knowledgeable with computer to archive programs under correct job folders
• Prior experience operating and programming CNC machines
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Must possess good written and verbal communication skills.
• Must have good problem-solving skills and be detail orientated.
• Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions.
• Ability to lift/push/pull up to 50 lbs.
• Must have own precision tools.
• Able to stand and walk for up to 8 hours.
• Prior forklift experience, preferred.