Find your perfect match today.
CNC Machine Operator
New Berlin, WI 53151 US
Job Title: Machine Operator
Location: New Berlin, WI - not on a bus line
Shift: 2nd or 3rd shift, 3pm-11pm or 11pm-7am Monday-Friday
Pay Rate: $18-20/hr Based on experience with room to grow!
Summary: The Machine Operator is responsible for maintaining a clean and safe machine area. Loading and unloading parts in and out of the machine, making quality checks as defined by procedures. The operator will have an assigned efficiency rate that they must meet or exceed. There are three levels of machine operators each level increases the complexity of machine and skills needed. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Load and unload parts from the machine.
2. Ensure parts are moving through the machines without faults
3. Perform quality checks
4. Pack parts into containers and move materials via forklift to designated areas.
Level 2 All of the level 1 plus:
1. Operates multiple and more complex machines
2. Able to assist with programing, set ups and changeovers.
3. Can diagnose and repair simple machine failures
Level 3 All of level 1 and 2 plus:
1. Works with little supervision and direction
2. Assist with training of new operators
3. Perform set ups, change overs, or programing of machines
4. Repairs most faults and can diagnose machine errors and perform interventions.
Education, Skills, Experience and Knowledge
High School equivalency
Mechanical aptitude Reliable and dependable work history
Previous machinist work preferred for level 1 required for level 2 or 3
Ability to measure and inspect parts with tight tolerances for level 2 or 3
Ability to stand for long periods performing repetitive motions
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This position is exposed to manufacturing shop floor where siting, standing, lifting, bending, reaching and carrying frequently performed.
Exposure to loud noises, extremes in temperature, vibrations and slippery floor.
Lifting of up to 50lbs.
Use a variety of office equipment and manufacturing tools.
Required PPE's are ear protection, non-slip steel toed shoes and safety glasses.