Find your perfect match today.
Bindery Press Operator
Menomonee Falls, WI 53051 US
- 1st Shift, Monday to Friday, 7am to 3pm, $16.75-$17.50 (depending on available departments)
- 2nd Shift, Monday to Friday, 3pm to 11pm, $17.75-$18.50 (depending on available departments)
- 3rd Shift, Sunday to Thursday OR Monday to Friday, 11pm to 7am, $18-$18.75 (depending on available departments)
- Bindery Press Room Operator (resume and previous machine operation experience required)
- Bindery Pocket Feeding Operator (no resume required, entry level position)
- Sets up semi-automatic and automatic equipment that assists in stocking press products on skids.
- Washes blankets and plates.
- Pulls loads, sets up skids, and moves loads to the staging area.
- Empties waste containers.
- Maintains good housekeeping in the press area.
- Assists with setting up a web press.
- Mounts blankets, plates, and rolls.
- Maintains daily supply of rags and chemicals, ensuring sponge buckets remain clean.
- Maintains a positive customer relations approach towards visitors, customers, and employees.
- Must be mechanically inclined with some machine operating or mechanical experience.
- Ability to read, write, and perform basic math calculations which include the ability to read a ruler.
- Previous forklift experience
- Demonstrated experience working with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays as needed.
- Feeds the jogged forms into the proper pocket, continuously checking the sample form that is hung above the pocket for correctness.
- Prepares a lift of signatures to be fed through the loaders and hand feed pockets by filling the lifts evenly, pulling out any damaged forms.
- Stacks books on pallets properly and orderly to maintain pallet integrity.
- Verifies load tags and form identifications to make sure proper forms are at the machine.
- Follows the list of duties as assigned by Bookbinder or Bindery Technician Level 3.
- Re-piles all good forms found on the floor to their proper pallet to reduce waste.
- Checks books for proper trimming, wires, and markings.
- Ensures labels are properly glued and the bundles are sorted properly.
- Verifies that inkjet is legible and sorted properly.
- Ensures each bundle of mail has its own destination, there is a supplied tag for each area of bundles, that bundles are matched up with the appropriate zip codes, and load flags are properly attached to pallets.
- Ability to utilize logic and conceptual thinking skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.