Find your perfect match today.
Process Technician - 2nd and 3rd shifts
Germantown, WI 53022 US
2nd shift - 3pm-11pm; 3rd shift - 11pm - 7am
$24/hr + up to $32/hr BOE
Skills: Maintenance, preferably within plastic injection molding
Under the direction of the Molding Manager, the Process Technician is responsible for assuring that injection molding machines are set up and running to appropriate process standards and meeting both production and quality objectives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary at any time.
- Perform removal and set up of molds, secondary and auxiliary equipment per set up documentation.
- Ensure injection molding machines, and supporting equipment are set to and running within the parameters listed on the set up instructions.
- Maintain and update set up sheets and process logs to reflect changes to actual running parameters.
- Do appropriate part start up procedures to assure all quality checks are done and part passes all quality plan specifications.
- Answer press alarms and perform proper trouble shooting activities to ensure acceptable product is being produced.
- Assure any production scrap issues are addressed and corrected in a timely manner.
- Communicate to management and maintenance department any press or auxiliary equipment problems that cause issues in executing the appropriate process to run quality parts.
- Communicate with company employees in a positive, team-oriented manner.
- Follow and comply with all safety, work rules, and plant regulations. Maintain departmental housekeeping standards.
- Maintain plant and personal working area in a clean and organized manner.
- Understand the fundamental differences between a D3 and a D2 process with the recognition that PCI always run the D3 process if it is developed, and sensors are available.
- This person can differentiate between process, tooling, or molding machine related problems and gets the appropriate resources involved in understanding root cause.
- This person can be assigned machine or part related projects at the discretion of management.
- This person must understand the technical aspects of setting RJG standards for each new part being started up.