Find your perfect match today.
SITE Staffing Inc. https://www.sitestaffinginc.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/SITE-Staffing-red-logo-socialmedia.png https://www.sitestaffinginc.com https://www.sitestaffinginc.com USD 62400 YEAR true
Electro Mechanical Technician - 3rd Shift
Milwaukee, WI 53208 US
Posted: 05/27/23 2023-05-10 2023-06-26 Job Number: sit23138484 Pay Rate: $62400 / year
Electro Mechanical Technician
3rd Shift focus, 10pm - 6am (M-F, Sat OT),
Up to $30/hr BOE + $5/hr premium 3rd shift
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for preventative and unscheduled maintenance on all machines and equipment. This role supports and maintains production lines through the repair, maintenance and troubleshooting of machinery and equipment, requiring a broad knowledge of
maintenance skills including mechanical repair, plumbing, welding, and electrical repair. Additionally, this role is responsible for ensuring accurate documentation by maintaining required maintenance logs and files.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties
- Install, repair, rebuild and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment used in production, packaging, and all other plant areas.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose machine malfunctions and operating difficulties; repairing or adjusting to keep equipment functional to minimize impact on productivity.
- Troubleshoot controls such as, PLC’s, VFD’s, servos, robotics, and programable devices.
- Rebuild machines and overhaul troublesome components and attachments to involve dismantling, inspection, machining or replacement of purchased parts.
- Perform skilled operations such as filing and aligning bearings, spindles, and shafts; adjust feed and limit mechanisms, gibs and ways.
- Perform various activities relative to the installation and relocation of existing machines and equipment to involve dismantling, erection, leveling, fitting, and aligning operations.
- Perform preventative maintenance on production equipment and all other equipment as appropriate (with vendors).
- Maintain required maintenance logs and files.
- Perform maintenance on the buildings, facilities, and other appropriate areas.
- Perform routine housekeeping activities in the department and ensure adherence to established safety procedures and requirements.
- Support and promote all company policies including maintaining company expectations for people and food safety.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS – COMPETENCIES
- Communication (Oral & Written) - Communicates effectively with others using a variety of methods and tools.
- Mechanical Aptitude – Mechanical reasoning and mathematical skills with ability to read and interpret documents such as operating and maintenance instructions, machine prints and technical manuals.
- Problem Solving – Ability to take on challenges where limited standardization exists.
- Organization – Ability to meet tight deadlines in which information accuracy is critical.
EDUCATION, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Education: Associates degree or technical certification, mechanical field required.
- 1-3 years of mechanical experience or combination of experience and education; working knowledge of processing/packaging equipment in food industry a plus.
- Computer Skills: Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Suite; database management and recordkeeping are a plus.
- Knowledge of welding equipment, plumbing equipment and/or measuring equipment is a plus