Find your perfect match today.
Compounder - 1st shift
New Berlin, WI 53151 US
Summary: The Chemical Compounder/Packer is responsible for completing all assignments in an accurate and timely manner while maintaining a high level of safety and quality consciousness. The job responsibilities include product manufacturing, packing, bulk truck unloading, product transfer, and plant sanitation.
• Assist in the daily manufacturing of lubricants/oils used in mining, cement, and power generation markets using various type of pumps, mixing vessels, and measuring equipment.
• Packaging and labeling of finished goods.
• Load and unload bulk trucks as needed.
• Participate in daily plant clean up.
• Aid in the daily efforts to identify and recover line flush and create disposition requests.
• Help control inventory levels of raw materials and manufacturing supplies.
• Transfer of finished goods and raw materials between buildings.
• Assists in the training of newer or less skilled Compounders.
• Perform all additional duties assigned by the Production Supervisor.
• Must have a minimum of a GED or High School education.
• Must have the ability to read and write clearly in the English language.
• Must have the ability to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division correctly.
• Must have good interpersonal skills.
• Must have the physical stamina to work standing, walking, bending, twisting, and lifting a minimum of 75 pounds repeatedly.
• Must be willing to work extended hours when requested.
• Must have previous fork lift experience and have the ability to obtain a forklift driver's certification.
• Must have a strong attention to detail. Accuracy is essential.
• Must follow all of companies written policies and rules (ISO-9001, Safety & Regulatory, and other Company Policies).
• Blending lubricants working from a recipe or formula, this experience is a plus
• Any past blending experience with either wet or dry products from the Food or Chemical Industry helpful
• Package and label finished product, (must have very good Math skills)- give math test
• Load and unload bulk trucks when needed
• Participate in daily plant clean up
• Lifting up to 75 lbs.
• Must have good communication/math skills, team player, (it’s a small crew)
• Must have verifiable solid work history